Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Semper Fi: Always Faithful

Through the good times and bad in the Marine Corps, I have learned a lot over the past two years. I have been a marine wife for a year and a half and am quickly understanding everyday how much I need God on a daily basis. I married my high school sweetheart and through every thing, we have been on the craziest roller coaster ride ever. I do not know how much of that is because of who I married or the fact that I married into the marine corps.
Anyway, through it all, I am learning more and more about myself and about how much my relationship with God has a profound effect on my marriage. I was born and raised in a Christian home, and was baptized at age seven. However, throughout my life, I thought I never really "needed" God in my life. And then he introduced me to my husband. God has continually shown me on a daily basis how much I need him in my life and how much I need to put him in the center of my marriage.
The slogan of the Marine Corps is "Semper Fidelis" which means "Always Faithful." In the military, this slogan is often scoffed at due to the reputation for military marriages falling apart. But I would like to take it from a different point of view. I would like to use it as a reminder that God has given us to remain faithful to Him, throughout good times and bad. It is easier said then done, but it is a constant reminder to me of how much I need to remain faithful not only to my husband, but to my creator as well. I really hope that this blog will help the women and maybe even some men who need to be reminded of that during the hard life that the military people lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment